The Street, Flixton, Bungay, NR35 1NZ
Tel: 01986 896644

The Norfolk and Suffolk Aviation Museum, recognised as East Anglia’s Aviation Heritage Centre, is run entirely by volunteers, with one paid staff member. It is a Registered Charity (No. 281804), a Limited Company registered in England and Wales (No. 1487622), and an Accredited Museum (No. 1938).

The collection early in 2014 comprised 66 aircraft (including cockpits), and more than 30,000 smaller artefacts. 11 aircraft and 6 cockpits are displayed outdoors but everything else is on view within themed buildings for the Royal Observer Corps No. 6 Group, the 446th (H) Bomb Group USAAF, RAF Bomber Command, RAF Air-Sea Rescue & Coastal Command, and local aviation from the pioneer years to the present day. There are also numerous exhibitions on special subjects including WWII Decoy Crews, Boulton & Paul Norwich, RAF Link Trainers, aerial photography, radio/radar/electronic counter measures, the Home Front, and Luftwaffe wreckology. Facilities include a Shop, Archive & Library, snack area (NAAFI), picnic tables, and a raised boardwalk to the river through a Willow plantation – the Adair Walk.

Visit the museum website

For more information on the Norfolk & Suffolk Aviation Museum, visit their website by clicking on the button link opposite.