If you have to self-isolate after being in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid you can get help with any loss of earnings you may incur as a result. Please visit the East Suffolk Test and Trace page for details of eligibility and how to apply.
Testing for Coronavirus
If you or someone you live with has symptoms of Covid-19 you can request a test. For testing in Suffolk visit this webpage.
If you are unsure of your eligibility for testing or having the vaccine, this should help.
The number to call if you need help with shopping, picking up prescriptions or advice is:
0300 365 2995
The phone is manned by volunteers during certain times but you can ring any time and leave a message. Someone will get back to you.
Please call if you are in self-isolation and need help with shopping or have any other queries.
However, if you have family or friends who can help you, please continue to use them.
If you have a medical emergency call 111 (or 999 in cases of extreme emergency).
If it is a police matter call 101 (or 999 in cases of extreme emergency only)
Other numbers that you may need to use:
Citizens Advice Bureau: 01986 895827
The Samaritans: 116 123
Childline: 0800 1111
Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 2000247 see also https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/
(and there is a new scheme: Ask For ANI operating through local pharmacies, see here.
Bungay Medical Practice: 01986 892055
Boots St. John’s Road: 01986 896568 (closes 6.30pm)
Boots St. Mary’s Street: 01986 892348 (closes 5.30pm)
East Suffolk Council: 0333 0162000
Suffolk County Council: 0345 6066067
Bungay Town Council
The Town Council offices are closed but you can contact the Clerk and Assistant Clerk on
firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 07873 350648
email@example.com or 07395 906890.
SCAM ALERT: Suffolk Police are warning everyone to be wary of scammers using this crisis with new scams. This is their advice:
- Only accept help from people you know and / or trust. Never deal with unexpected cold callers
- You do not have to agree to anything you don’t feel comfortable with
- Police, health workers and others will not and do not call at your house to test for coronavirus or ask for money regarding investigations
- Check the person calling at your door has valid identification, even if they are dressed in uniform
- Do not transfer any money across to someone who calls you over the phone, banks will not ask for your personal security details
- Do not trust anyone asking for money transfers or cash over the phone
- Do not make shopping purchases from a company or person you do not know and trust. Use a credit card to pay to protect yourselves.
If you feel in immediate danger call 999 or if you know someone is vulnerable and has been a victim of fraud, please contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101 or Action Fraud at www.actionfraud.police.ukor call 0300 123 2040.
Waveney Food Bank
Visiting a foodbank is an essential journey.
Bungay’s foodbank operates from the Community Centre at 50 Upper Olland Street, Bungay NR35 1BH on
Fridays from 12.30-2.30pm.
You will need to have a referal voucher which you can obtain from any CAB.
East Suffolk CAB – 01502 518510 or 01502 717715.
If you have any problems ring 0300 365 2995 and ask for help.