This is charming – lovely to see our friendly local greengrocer Simon Thompson of Giddens&Thompson featured:
Last week we shared how businesses across Suffolk have gone the extra mile to keep staff and customers safe. Here are some more doing great work in #Bungay #Ipswich and #Southwold. Keep safely supporting local businesses #StickWithItSuffolkApplaud Coffee / Lift Store / Giddens & Thompson – GreengrocerIf you run a #Suffolk business and would like to share how you’re keeping your staff and customers safe, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Suffolk County Council on Friday, 17 July 2020
Testing for Coronavirus
If you or someone you live with has symptoms of Covid-19 you can request a test. For testing in Suffolk visit this webpage.
Breaking news: East Suffolk are reintroducing car parking charges from Monday 25th May. More info here.
And do be alert!
And don’t forget – the wardens will be about so do be careful when choosing where to park. Let’s keep the Butter Cross as clear as it is in this photograph:
The Butter Cross in splendid isolation during the lockdown. With thanks to Jane Vass for the phtoograph.
The number to call if you need help with shopping, picking up prescriptions or advice is:
0300 365 2995
The phone is manned by volunteers from 8am – 8pm Monday – Saturday.
Please call if you are in self-isolation and need help with shopping or have any other queries.
However, if you have family or friends who can help you, please continue to use them.
If you have a medical emergency call 111 (or 999 in cases of extreme emergency).
If it is a police matter call 101 (or 999 in cases of extreme emergency only)
Other numbers that you may need to use:
Citizens Advice Bureau: 01986 895827
The Samaritans: 116 123
Childline: 0800 1111
Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0800 2000247
Bungay Medical Practice: 01986 892055
Boots St. John’s Road: 01986 896568 (closes 6.30pm)
Boots St. Mary’s Street: 01986 892348 (closes 5.30pm)
East Suffolk Council: 0333 0162000
Suffolk County Council: 0345 6066067
Bungay Town Council
The Town Council offices are closed but you can contact the Clerk and Assistant Clerk on
email@example.com or tel: 07873 350648
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07395 906890.
SCAM ALERT: Suffolk Police are warning everyone to be wary of scammers using this crisis with new scams. This is their advice:
- Only accept help from people you know and / or trust. Never deal with unexpected cold callers
- You do not have to agree to anything you don’t feel comfortable with
- Police, health workers and others will not and do not call at your house to test for coronavirus or ask for money regarding investigations
- Check the person calling at your door has valid identification, even if they are dressed in uniform
- Do not transfer any money across to someone who calls you over the phone, banks will not ask for your personal security details
- Do not trust anyone asking for money transfers or cash over the phone
- Do not make shopping purchases from a company or person you do not know and trust. Use a credit card to pay to protect yourselves.
If you feel in immediate danger call 999 or if you know someone is vulnerable and has been a victim of fraud, please contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101 or Action Fraud at www.actionfraud.police.ukor call 0300 123 2040.
Waveney Food Bank